I gave up on the blue escort I was going to restore and I have brought another one.... which needs a lot less work This is what the last owner done to the car:
- Low mileage since engine rebuild
- Lifters replaced, new pistons fitted, cylinders bored, engine interior polished, new cam shaft, piston rings – no expense spared.
- Full service history, since I have owned it, including receipts for all work carried out, engine totalling over £2000.00!
- Fully operational powerhood with glass rear heated window
- RS Alloys ( slight kerbing ) and TOYO XS low profile performance tyres all round.
- White interior dials
- Full audio system, JVC 12” sub, Amplifier, kenwood 6-disc CD changer and Kenwood front facia stereo, with Infinity front tweeters.
- Full RS Bodykit ( damage listed below )
- Brand New Car Battery 085.
- Standard alarm fitted ( though not Category 1) and Spare alarm fob.
Now i do need to replace the front bumper as it is a lot worse than it looks in the pictures, i have also brought new headlights, front and side indicators, new stereo as the face plate didnt work on the one that came with the car, a few small rust patches need doing, and one seal needs a tiny bit of welding, one thing i cant understand is that the steering is unbelievably heavy even when moving... any ideas on this one?
I have replaced the interior with a half black leather one... i also want to replace the alloys with the RS Turbo ones, however they are rare as hens teeth now...