I am willing to sell via TerrabitHost fully managed Plex Media Servers with the exact same setup that my server uses for £19.99 per month!
My server specs are:
80GB System Storage
Google Drive (GSuite) for film storage (advertised as 1TB however there is no hard limit)
Accessible via custom domain / subdomain
Personal Google Drive API App
I have managed 5 consecutive transcoded streams with no issues, i'm sure it will cope with more.
The streaming from Google Drive is managed with rClone with a setup which chunks the data as to not hit the API limits.
Fully remote... and accessible anywhere you have a internet connection.
Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in one.
If like me you are on the look out for a great deal when it comes to your mobile network and rely on generous amounts of data, i have to recommend Voxi!
They are powered & owned by Vodafone, which gives them brilliant network coverage and a pretty good 4G network too!
All of their plans come with unimited minutes and texts starting from a £10 per month subscription (notice i said subscription and not contract).
Up until 31st March 2019 they are giving away extra data with their plans, for example their £10 plan comes with a massive 6GB of data!
One thing to note though, you need to be under 29 to join Voxi, however once joined you can stay a customer for as long as you like!
If you join through my link below you will also get a £10 Amazon Gift Card once activated!
In Azure you will need to add a line to your web.config to allow the Umbraco 404 error page to work, otherwise your users will be greeted with the following message:
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
The change you need to make in your web.config is as follows:
<httpErrors existingResponse="PassThrough" />
So i've had an ongoing issue with Umbraco sites randomly failing (500 Errors) in Azure when setup as Web Apps.
I have managed to find a solution for this, the Examine Index needs to be stored in the %temp% folder, otherwise the indexes get removed / corrupted everytime something in the bin folder changes.
The recorded error should be similar to below:
Exception type: IOException
Exception message: An unexpected network error occurred. at Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func1 getCacheItem, Nullable1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, CacheDependency dependency) at Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func1 getCacheItem, Nullable1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String dependentFiles) at Umbraco.Core.Cache.DeepCloneRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func1 getCacheItem, Nullable1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String dependentFiles) at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache.GetCacheValues(Int32 id, Func2 func) at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache.GetUmbracoMedia(Int32 id) at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedMediaCache.GetById(UmbracoContext umbracoContext, Boolean preview, Int32 nodeId) at Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.ContextualPublishedCache1.GetById(Boolean preview, Int32 contentId) at Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentQuery.DocumentById(Int32 id, ContextualPublishedCache cache, Object ifNotFound) at Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentQuery.Media(Int32 id) at Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper.Media(String id)
The solution i have found for this, is pretty quick and easy to do, simply open the
config/ExamineSettings.config and add the following on to the examine config lines:
Pretty simple fix :)
(You can see the Umbraco Pull Request here)
I thought i would reshare how to find the PID of an AppPool, as it's not the easiest thing to find if your not familiar with the process.
This allows you to map the w3wp process to the AppPool that you are trying to diagnose.
Step1 - Open IIS Manager, go to the root node in the tree on the left that represents your computer (should be labelled as your computer name)
Step2 - In the features view to the right, you'll see a section called IIS. Under that you'll see Work Processes.
Step3 - Select that and it should show you all running worker processes and some basic info, including Process ID (PID)
Step4 - You can map that Process ID to the matching process in the Process tab in Task Manager.
This is a repost, the original post can be found on the MSDN Blogs here.